Sunday, September 23, 2012

Review- Forty Shades of Pearl by Arianne Richmonde

Title- Forty Shades of Pearl
Author- Arianne Richmonde
Genre- Romance/ Erotica
Publish Date- 22nd of August 2012
Publisher- Mighty Publications

Blurb- Documentary producer, Pearl Robinson, is a beautiful and smart forty year-old divorcee but has not had a date for over two years. When she hears about Alexandre Chevalier, a young French, Internet success story, she assumes he is a nerd. But when she bumps into him face to face she’s stunned by his charm, beauty and sophistication, and startled by her strong feelings and desire for a man fifteen years her junior. His looks, wealth and worldwide triumph with his social media site, HookedUp, means he can get any woman he chooses, but there is something about Pearl he finds irresistible…

The couple begins a passionate affair and Pearl’s body is awakened in ways she never imagined possible. She is consumed by him and his magical touch. But secrets, jealous family members and other external forces are threatening to pull them apart.

Erotic, humorous, and profoundly tender, Forty Shades of Pearl is a story that will stir your heart, rouse your emotions and touch your soul.



Review-  Ok I am going to do my best to be as honest as possible yet not harsh... As I say a lot, this is my sole opinion. Many may disagree with it, but this is what I think. I have some really strong opinions on this book so please bare with me as I get them all out. 

This review may contain some spoilers so if you intend to read it please stop reading.

I am going to start by referring back to the blurb. I am sad to say that it did not stir my heart, rouse my emotions or touch my soul. I found it quite the opposite, very unemotional, and not funny in the slightest. I had a really hard time connecting to the characters and finding any sort of connection between the characters themselves. They lacked chemistry. The first thing that stood out to me was the bashing of 50 Shades of Grey. Now the author didn't actually mention 50 itself but major elements of it. One big "No No" in the writing industry is bashing another authors work. But what confused me the most was to then go and title this book in a way that almost mimics 50 Shades. Whether that was Richmonde's intention I am not sure but what I am sure of is that it irked me. Another thing that I must address is the use of food items during the intimate moments. Now I am all for people expressing their sensuality through food and using it however they see fit, sometimes reading about having warm chocolate smeared over my torso and breasts, then getting licked off by a tall, dark and sexy man is a real turn on, but having cherries put up my clacka then getting sucked out!!! I'm sorry but no! Nor do I think nutella mixed with honey on my breasts with a penis in between appealing either. Now a reminder, this is my opinion. Some people might like that type of thing. Me, not so much. One more thing to mention that I found quite disturbing was a dream that Pearl had which involved pleasuring herself on a horses leg. WHAT?!?!?! That is disgusting! Who even thinks of something like that. 

Ok so back to characters. I found Alexandre (how do I put this), kind of repulsive. The way he spoke to Pearl, the way he treated Pearl was horrid. If anyone spoke to me that way they would have gotten punched in the face. This made it so hard for me to see the connection the author was trying to portray between he and Pearl.

All in all I did not enjoy this book whatsoever. I couldn't establish any connection to the book or the characters. 

I have scoped out other peoples reviews of 40 Shades of Pearl and it looks like I am the first person to give it a rating under 4 stars so clearly some people do like to read this type of thing. I do apologise to anyone who may have taken offence to my review but once again, it is my opinion. 

For those of you who want to check it out for yourself, you can check out AMAZON.

 To see what other people have said about 40 Shades of Pearl head on over to GOODREADS.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to see the ! Star rating, I'm surprised you even managed to finish the book. Personally I wouldn't pick it up unless its free, the title itself is telling that its a rip off. I hope your next read is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this caught my attention coz my name is Arianne :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...